Green Deal FAQWhy should I make my property more energy efficient?

A more energy efficient home uses less energy, avoiding the squandering of money on energy bills. You will also reduce Carbon Dioxide emissions helping UK to reach its goal to reduce by the 80% by 2050 the greenhouse emissions

Who is eligible for a Free Boiler?

If your boiler is not working and you are receiving one or more of the following subsidies, then you may be eligible for a free boiler replacement:

- receiving state pension credit

- receiving child tax credit with an income of £15,869 or less

- receiving income related benefits, with a child in full time education and an annual income of £15,869 or less.

Are boiler grants 100 % free?

Yes, if you qualify there is no payment at all for the supply and installation of a new boiler.

Who is eligible for a free ‘Hard to treat Cavity Wall’ Insulation?

Under the ECO initiative to improve UK’s energy efficiency, the Carbon Emissions Reduction Obligation (CERO) has funding for the solid-walled homes and for the Hard to treat properties. CERO works as a non-repayable grant funding.  Anyone living in a solid-walled property is entitled to funding regardless of age, income or benefit entitlement.

Contact us to check if you are eligible for a non-repayable funding for a ‘Hard to Treat Cavity Wall Insulation’. Call on 02392815468 to check your eligibility

How do I know the walls are full?

During your survey, we take measurements of your home including a depth gauge and inspection of the cavity to be filled. From these measurements we know the amount of material required to correctly fill your walls. The installers will, therefore, check and record this data and match this against the quantity of insulation used.

How is loft insulation installed?

The insulation should take between 1-2 hours to complete.

How long does a Green Deal Assessment take?

A Green Deal Assessment takes not more than two hours. During the visit the Green Deal Advisor (GDA) will assess the factors that affect the energy efficiency your property and the pattern of your energy usage. Prior to your Green Deal advice visit and not less than 24 hours in advance of the assessment, taking place you should receive a Request for Information Form (Pre-visit Questionnaire).

During your Green Deal assessment, your advisor shall collect specific information from a physical inspection of your home and occupancy information; additionally you will be provided with plenty of information on the policy and opportunities.

Is EPC necessary?

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is: built, sold rented. You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

Monthly Newsletter

Keep up to date on the latest from our network:

Connect with us